miércoles, 27 de octubre de 2021

In the vastness

 

I am dancing in the vastness, in the immensity of a full moon night in the pale sand dunes of a desert valley.  The Milky Way overhead, stars shining brightly across the skydome, illuminate the ripples in the sand. The grace of the dunes has been sculpted by the wind and gravity.  The starlight that bathes the sand, bathes my skin, in a rainfall of light from billions of miles away, here on this sandy ridge.  My toes press into the warm sand, I turn and twist my feet, my spine follows, as I feel deeply into the fine grains coming up between my toes and over my feet. I cross one foot over the other and I twist forward and then back with each step. My dance embraces this place. The softest breath of air caresses my arms, mingling with the starlight and the moonlight and rising like an aroma, the aroma of space.  My own body illuminated by celestial bodies becomes another body of light exalted by shadow as the dunes themselves.  The vastness of the sky and the vastness of the dunes reach out forever.  I bath my ensouled body in the vastness.


—Lorena


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario