domingo, 14 de febrero de 2021

I am here


I have fallen

into the transcendence

of going no place

gazing out the open window

fuchsia colored bougainvillea

adobe wall

light reflecting heavenwards

from the silver underside of tepozán leaves


rising brightly light 

revealing all things in the garden

thick round nopal pencas

lacey pale green mezquite branches

while I tread the earth barefoot

each step registering the contour of the ground

each step planted in place


I am transfixed 

overtaken pierced beyond time and place

I have become sister to all women who have stopped

only to enter everything

some were thought saints

some were thought insane

yet in fact they shed all names

as they entered the light


I hold my heart firmly

rocking side to side

weight transferred from one foot to the other

ground entering the soles of my feet

stillness

and rocking

stillness

and rocking

some part of me that was never rocked

rocking

dissolving into the living stillness


while on the adobe wall

an eternity of blooms

each petal a galaxy

seen only by space itself


I have not seen so simply 

so deeply since I was a child

there's no place to go

the layers to arrive

have fallen away

I am here

in a place so intimate

so much larger than myself


—Lorena

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario