domingo, 8 de noviembre de 2020

Winged Iguana

 















Blessing the spacious pregnant pause

Blessing the grief and the wet tears

that stream liquid rivers of returning

that stream liquid rivers of returning

Returning to the water’s edges

pressing my winged green iguana front limbs

deeply into the sand

wings spreading as my front legs press down into the earth

my form held safe in the contact

strong     firm     flesh

and raising my reptilian nostrils to the morning air

raising 

my reptilian

nostrils

to the morning air

My reptilian faceted skull moving 

a whole map of continents

a whole universe of faceted bone

Encountering

Encountering

each tectonic plate encountering the morning

continents brushing against other continents

submerged forms emerging


My skull illuminated by the sun

the crescent moon skull moon

illuminated on the right

and the the left hemisphere resting

silently in darkness

waiting

dreaming of a summer night

crickets humming

gently in unison



—Lorena Wolfman 8/11/2020



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario