miércoles, 11 de noviembre de 2020

Morning walk


I receive this blessing

softly before the sun rises


an orange yellow pink glow

on the eastern horizon


sillouetting a sacred mesa'd mountain

nested between jagged peaks


I receive this softening this opening 

this joy this blessing


as the earth begins 

its tilt towards the sun


this short november day like a jewel

as I walk backwards to face east


the earth tilting steadily towards day

drawn in its magnetic gyre to the light


I continue walking westward

the sun warming my back


my shadow cast on the earth

a darkened rocky limestone figure 

mirrors my every step


it is Inanna's shadow

she is walking with me


"I am walking on the earth again

I have returned"

she rejoices as two birds

side by side in unison

fly in across her shadow.


My hands rise of their own volition

drawn upward into the centrifugal vortex of early light


the fiery star ball 

fills the air with radiance


my upraised palms cupped to receive

the blessing of this day.

—Lorena 11/11/2020


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario