viernes, 5 de marzo de 2021

Today's Practice

Today I began my studio practice with a sitting meditation.  Gentle focus on the breath, alignment, gravity.  Bringing attention to the in-breath coming through the nostrils, turning down the esophagus, branching into the bronchi, and on the out-breath feeling the airstream full of nourishment for the "green ones" as Susan Harper put it.

Then, I moved to a movement ritual warm-up. Feeling expansion outward and heavenward and condensation into gravity.  Focus on the spine, the breath, sensing the body, and the studio space at Escuela Modelo.  

Then I moved into improvised dance.  Working with slow movement, balance, pressing the floor away, and sinking into gravity.  Working with the front, back, and side bodies and space.  It was absolutely a sublime joyous experience to synchronize the out-breath with sinking into gravity and the in-breath with pushing the soles of my feet against the earth.  A joy.

I also played with finding balance with the eyes closed.  And balancing as I yielded to gravity and, then, balance as I pushed the floor away.

To close, I did a drawing.  "Heart Sparks"...





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario