martes, 22 de junio de 2010

Night dreaming

I am the indigo night
the night that dreams in silence
white hot fireflies going out
& lighting up again

I am the nude white woman under the sheets
searching for green apples
pain tossed in a bundle by the bed
skin caressed by cotton

I search through my ribcase
for lightning bugs
when they have all gone out
the smell of camphor
palo santo & sage wafts into the room

I chant Om Mani Padme Hum

I am the night I once danced
I once dreamed of rain
& this night this night
my memory fills with another life
dancing on the gypsies' stage
sun bursting pomegranate papaya & mango

I remember
but I shy from longing
scent of tangerine jasmine & bitter lime
I remember
& I fade into the clouds

I fade into the nimbi
where I find myself
capturing butterflies & elusive stars

I chant Om Mani Padme Hum

I have found
a secret entrance
& from the door I watch visions
fluttering like dragonflies in the night sky

eyes closed
eyes closed
slipping on the cold
grey stones of the past
the detour where I got lost

I chant Om Mani Padme Hum...

the sun’s corona flares
sense arises out of senselessness
like a serpent out of the sea
like the eyes of Aphrodite
with clear sight for small things
& large things

& I get it--
as I pull the prayer shawl of night around me
& I hum & sway on the path
of stars spheres worlds galaxies
concepts of Universe & God

I am the light that hurries
toward the dawn of day
to arrive
before the song birds
burst forth

Lorena Lobita Wolfman © 2009, 2010

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario