domingo, 16 de enero de 2011

poetry

I float out on the ocean
fishing in a small wooden boat
with a single line
what will come?

a magical egg
with violets inside
as they fall
they take flight
pale amber butterflies
some float heavenward
others land on my tongue

an extraordinary fish
flaps in my hands
disappears with a wink
releasing the scent of bulgarian roses
I breath deeply
black scarlet night
spreads through my cells
and shines on my skin
as the day heats up

an enormous whale
lifts up from the depths
with me and the boat balanced
on its back
giving me a gull's view
of the sea and the sky
blue on blue
white shimmer

a dragonfly circles around me
buzzing through my hair
seeking asylum in my pen
offering its open veins
indigo blood for poetry
my book is open

the whale sets me down
where I rock on the waves gently

--Lorena Lobita Wolfman © 2010

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario