viernes, 11 de marzo de 2022

Still point (Embodied Healing Cesation)






I named this image “Still point” as it arose out of an experience of great stillness and peace following a massage. Almost a place of "cessation" where the noise of my brain activity was calmed, stilled.  Deep peace.  Void. Emptiness. Beyond any ideas.  A place of healing according to the Qi Gong master Chunyi Lin.  As I reach for words I believe I could say that the golden thread at the horizon represents to Qi, the life force energy of deep peaceful renewal. Qi is in us, but it is also everywhere. I hovered suspended in this awareness beyond time, awake, but completely still for a long "time" before I was roused to move. 

After writing this very short paragraph above about the experience, I heard a clear concise description that is in many ways closer to the experience.  Lama Tsultrim Allione described the meaning of "Tantra" as "continuity," that is a "luminous thread of continuity that runs through everything and that thread is our awakened nature and our awakened nature is always present... it runs beneath everything and is more or less hidden depending on our present state..."  Tantra is also to be understood as practices that awaken, or uncover this awakened nature.

I have experienced this deep state of contemplation and quietude in very pronounced ways in which the awakened nature is unveiled before, I have ridden in that awareness, floating in the void before.  Doing meditation practices, in communion with another where the shared field opened into deep relaxation and softening of boundaries and logos, hovering before waking, going deeply into the center of pain into impeccable presence, and in other contexts where it was there, just below the surface— and interestingly enough in Continuum Movement (previously called Continuum Dance Meditation). That sense of it running through everything, that sense that it is always present is known to me.  Being contact with the earth, with the elements seems to purify and quiet the mind enough for this to come into focus as the superfluous noise drops away.


 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario