miércoles, 23 de marzo de 2022

The mafia

 



I had a dream, perhaps a week ago, which I don't remember clearly... other than a sense that I was being somehow coerced or pressured by some sort of mafia types to belong to their group, to somehow get my own hands dirty so that I was forced to be with them, indebted, beholden, implicated and thus entangled with their endeavor. I felt this dream as a shadow dream, and in the sense that we have seen in our time together, this could be a demon dream, out of which I developed this image. (For the first time in my series I have integrated one of my own photographs in the collage... this idea has been percolating for a couple of weeks or more... and in this image, it came into manifestation.)

As I wrote the part above about being pressured to belong, to conform to the requirements of the group, this feels like it corresponds to pressures outside and within me. And in seeing that pressure it is revealing one of the forces at work when I am not true to myself, or abandon my own deeper self and understanding. So in that way seeing the shadow or demon is ironically very illuminating. There were a number of synchonicites prior and right after the creation of the image. (Image of the shadow of zebras in the desert that I posted to my FB page, a post of a dance teacher I know where here dancers were wearing just this sort of hat and she spoke of taking them out of their comfort zone, and there was one other I cannot quite recall!.

The zebra frame images in the corners a an important part of the message coming out of this flow, about when you see the dark it illuminates the light, and the light illuminates the dark, so it turns out that this is also synchronistic with a conversation I had with my friend Daniel in the comments of a post on FB. Of course, the process of creating the image itself was filled with synchronicity, finding just the right images one after another and their resonance together to create that "just right" feeling that matched the essence of what the dream was communicating to me.






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario