jueves, 16 de septiembre de 2021

Eggs of emptiness...


Many kilometers from the mountains,


I imagine eggs of emptiness,


surrounded by golden light,


rest.


As I keep reaching for the sunlight.


I am underground,


yet unborn pressing to rise,


pressing to burgeon forth.


I cannot slide back,


or I will die.


Yet I long for rest,


my cells long for rest.


Can I reconcile myself to the promise of the oval emptiness?


I keep breathing in as though there were no end.


Fully expanded. Stop.


I have long sought living in expansion,


but it is not the same as to enter the earth,


to trust gravity,


the hills too.


I release my full weight into the land


that presages the fullness of the Sierra Gorda's gravity.


I allow my exhale to caress me from within.


From underground and above ground


I touch  the sky


pressing upward into the sky


from the deep below.


As I rest deeper 


my earth 


my mineral self


flows into the veins of the earth.


My feet made of elemental earth


are roots filled with ground.


I am filled with emptiness,


deep rest.



—Lorena

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario