miércoles, 17 de agosto de 2022

"Deep water rising..."

 



The sun has turned... the season is turning... the inward pull is strong... Today I resumed my digital collage practice with an image grounded in a dream I had sometime within the last 10 days.  In the dream I was on a train tour through different levels, somewhat like a theme park, all seemed normal and it was hard to believe the waters could rise from the depths... in the dream my mother is alive and she is on the train too... when the waters rise with a great undeniable power... I am thrown into the water...


There is always an evolution in the process of the art making...  It was so reassuring to be on the train with my mother.  In this image, she does not appear, but the great mother appears in the grand epic force of the water... the familiar train I was on now in the image seems illusory, yet bright. My fingers stretch out still, but where is the security, on the train, the rail, or... And yet I seem to float, I seem to swim... In the dream, I did hold on to the edge of the train, but the water, as awestruck as I was by it, was warm, felt good.  Maybe it is not an either or, and yet it is a both and... and, I wonder what I mean but that... it has to do with the larger truth of our spirit being part of the all, and the truth of the train that we have been riding all our lives, our chain of ancestors, of events, or karma, of memory, of intergenerational gifts and limitations, ease and challenges... gratitud for what is in that story and yet there is also a bigger truth to embrace, beyond the identification with the story and its drama, an all emcompassing, unconditional capacity to embody the divine, the creatrix within us, the microcosm, macrocosm of what we are....

There is something inevitable, a part of the life cycle, and a sense of the growth from an individual ego identity to a larger understanding or our place in the universe.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario